View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2014, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAofAnaheim View Post
Pink Line didn't make operational sense. Metro looked into it. The operations would be 3 rail lines sharing a single track from Union Station to Wilshire/Vermont and then 1 line would continue with the Red Line and re-join the Purple Line in Beverly Hills. Nice in theory, but not practical for operations. Imagine having to wait at Pershing Square for every 3rd train to take to your destination in North Hollywood if you ran 3 lines on a single track.

Now, the Crenshaw Northen extension to Hollywood via La Cienega/West Hollywood would do wonders..........a connection from Hollywood to the South Bay via WeHo, Sunset Strip, Beverly Center, Wilshire, Mid-Cities, Crenshaw, etc.....

That is more exciting and practical.
Oh wow, I didn't know metro had already looked heavily into the proposed pink line to already cancel it, where did you get that info so I can see? I know there were a couple of different routes that were considered, the one that made the most sense to me was it being its own route going down santa monica blvd. Wwhen it reached the purple line at Wilshire going towards santa monica, it would end, and going the other route towards downtown it would go down santa monica and than route down sunset blvd until it ended at union stations doorstep...... that route would have connected a lot of neighborhoods that are not yet connected.