View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambam View Post
What's the capacity for the Gopher's stadium?
According to Wikipedia, it'll be 50,300. Speaking of Minneapolis, Target Field is being designed by the same people that did PNC Park and AT&T Stadium, so I have high hopes for it.

Speaking of PNC Park, pictures haven't been added to the thread yet, so I'll do so.

MBell1975

BostonCityWalk

Me, I am someone who lives in Florida now but I spent much of my life in the northern Illinois area. I am lucky in that as a kid and an adult I've been in many stadiums, including Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, many college football stadiums, United Center, etc.

I'll mention some random ones.

Rockford Metrocentre

DPM2

It's the big arena in my old home area. I've been there many times before. In actuality it's not that great of a building; I mean, yes, it is orange! But, among other things it's where my sisters and I graduated from high school, so for that alone I can't hate on it.

Frontier Field

TwinsMetsFan on Wikimedia

One summer my dad and I were around that area of Western New York, and randomly one night, we decided to see the Rochester Red Wings play a game there. They lost, but it's a really nice stadium.

BankAtlantic Center

The city of Sunrise, Florida's website

I was there this past January. I was randomly in that area of southern Florida for a night and I stayed in the area. I didn't know this before I made the plans, but they had a WWE (wrestling) house show there so I decided it'd be perfect for me to go see one of those for the first time since 2001. The joint was pretty nice; I don't know why they charged 20 bucks to park there, but otherwise it's a place I liked. I sat in the nosebleeds, but by luck it was padded seats and it was right by the luxury boxes. Go figure.

The Pyramid

Exothermic

It's the former home of the Memphis Grizzlies and the Memphis Tigers basketball team. The place was only in use for like a dozen years before they went to FedEx Forum. I agree, the place itself wasn't as great as it looked from the outside, but it looked so great from the outside, it has to be mentioned here. Besides, Spring Break 2003 me and two friends were down in that town for a few days. There was a game between the Grizzlies and the Bulls, and the nosebleed seats were so cheap, we spent one night there. The Bulls got whupped, but it was fun being in such a unique arena.

By the way, I think that Tropicana Field is better than its reputation. I've been there a few times a year since 2004, so I'm not a fair-weather fan of the Rays. The place actually made improvements to stuff like the concourse, opening up many activities, painting it up to make it look interesting, new restaurants, and whatnot. Really, it's better now than it was if you visited it before, like that one person who went there in 2003. It's not exactly Wrigley Field, but I have a good time there.