View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2022, 9:47 PM

In the dtla compilations pg I've been describing vids of other places & cities throughout the world, most posted to youtube. Totally different vibe elsewhere.

When I've pointed out the major fountains in dt aren't working right now...whether due to drought or not...some ppl have had a 'no biggie' attitude. Seeing how big time & busy....full of street life, crowded sidewalks.....other cities are like, my complaining about fountains not working makes me feel like I should be complaining that the town's one traffic signal has burned out.

I mentioned a few wks ago that ppl in LA love to live in their car....crowded fwys are the main way to tell LA has a somewhat large population. I also originally thought that nicer looking streets in LA would be more appealing, so ppl might be more likely to go out & walk around....not necessarily so.

The transit in LA has been described by some ppl as now being too sketchy or full of too much drama to want to keep using. When I mentioned that going into dtla itself, after being stuck in crowded fwys all around it, often gave a sense of way fewer ppl out & about, & as though LA was a smaller city, an ssper became resentful.

Maybe LA doesn't have nice enough weather? Maybe ppl don't walk to walk around unless they're one block from the beach? Maybe a disneyfied place like the Grove is what ppl in LA are willing to drop by & visit?