View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2007, 2:41 PM

Oh brother
N2if, jimthemanincda and I were discussing building height and the rumor (you refer to laws, but laws were not mentioned ) about building height St. George was brought up and I just added to his comment about the rumor over the temple having to be the tallest building in smaller towns. For your information there are rumors out there about temples being the tallest buildings in predominately LDS towns, which Idaho Falls falls into, sorry, I don't know why you take issue to that, but Idaho Falls is very influenced by the LDS church and there is nothing wrong with it. Nothing at all. And of course, we all know that it is just a rumor because Idaho Falls has buildings proposed (a hotel right?) that would be taller than the temple. There is even the false rumor about the COB in SLC having to be their tallest ,which is just a rumor.
Sorry I cannot confirm sources about the rumors, after all they are just rumors and nothing more. Since when does simple discussion become such an issue?

Anyways.......

jimthemanincda,
the info I pasted below from your previous post is interesting news, but not surprising. It seems natural that Idaho's two largest commercial centers would be evenly split between the north and the south of the state

---According to the Idaho Department of Labor, two of every three homes were built in the Boise and Coeur d’Alene areas in 2006.

That means that 66% of the new homes in the state were built in areas that currently have 47.6% state's population. This further shows the explosive growth in the Boise and Coeur d'Alene areas.

699,147 (population of Boise & Cd'A metros in 2006)
1,466,465 (state of Idaho population 2006)
47.6% (percent of Idaho living in Boise & Cd'A metros 2006)

Last edited by Cottonwood; Sep 21, 2007 at 3:05 PM.