View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2021, 2:27 AM
The Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I hear your pain and frustration. But, it is not as easy as if you build it they will come. Funding and the FAA may get in the way of throwing a grandiose design up against the wall to see if it sticks.

I agree that SAT is outdated and needs to be more efficient - from a passenger standpoint. And that is coming.

Airside - with regard to garnering new routes, there is only so much the City can do. It's completely up to the airlines. And, they must believe they can clear a specific margin on their investment to do so. San Antonio's metrics are different from every other metro in the U.S. So, saying: "If XYZ has this, so should we" is not a fair, or solid argument.

Additionally, the size of ones metropolitan area has not, nor will, directly correlate to the size (or the total PAX) of its airport.
Excellent points!

I can't wait to see what this year's passenger totals will eventually be. I've actually had to start showing up a little earlier than the hour it use to take to get my bags checked and in through security with sufficient time.