View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2022, 5:59 AM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Not bad!
Agreed! I like the zig zaggy modern interpretation of one of the defining characteristics of SF architecture, the bay window. The windows are also inset from the white metal panels of the facade, providing extra texture. Gives it a dynamic facade that changes with different viewing angles and lighting. And since the facade is divided into 3 segments, it almost gives the appearance of three 16-story giant "rowhouses". My only gripe is that they did not extend the same window treatment along the sides of the building, but I think that's probably because they anticipate another building to go up next to it at some point in the future.

I also like that the parking ratio is reasonable (1:4) and is kept subterranean as to avoid the dreaded podium, and reduces this stretch of the street from 4 curb cuts to just 1. An important feature since this project is right next to the new 4th/Brannan Muni Metro station, so it's a good opportunity to optimize urbanism.

Overall, I think this project checks all the boxes as far as adding much needed housing, with an affordable component, while packaged in a high quality, detail oriented, urban minded design. One of the more underrated projects in the SF pipeline.

https://sfyimby.com/2021/08/strada-p...francisco.html