View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2013, 8:11 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
With 57th street getting all of the media attention these days, it's refreshing to see 42nd street get some development.

Now if the city can fix its aging gas lines so that we don't experience another explosion which happened several years ago, then there shall be hope for this stretch of 42nd street.
Those old gas line and water main breaks are what keeps things exciting! (joking of course)

But I do like that the older parts of town are in on the major changes coming. For so long, all of the attention on new developments and skyline changes centered on the "new" west side, and the rebuilding World Trade Center. But there's still some excitement to be seen on the east side as well as midtown north. I honestly can't tell you at this point which is the single most exciting project on the boards. But I'm still expecting a spectacular project here, something worthy of Grand Central and the Chrysler.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.