Thread: Duluth
View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 9:18 PM
Me?!?

Cool pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
That was earlier this month? Just curious, but when do the trees fully leaf out there in the zenith city of the unsalted sea? Down here, things are fully green and leafy in the valleys by the beginning of the month, and on the mountaintops by the middle of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Early June. The trees are in flower from about the second week of May to late June. Leaves begin to bud between Victoria Day and Memorial Day. Everything is a bit late this year, about 2 to 5 days behind schedule. Thunder Bay is just looking like Duluth in those photos as of today. It will still be about two weeks before the leaves have fully grown back. Duluth is probably just getting there now, but won't be fully grown probably until next weekend.

And to scare you more: they start changing colour in late August or early September and are usually completely gone by Halloween. It's a very short season.

Also, a lot of the trees in urban areas in both of our cities are ash, and they tend to be late bloomers to begin with, but they're also under stress from emerald ash borer.
Yeah I had a conversation with someone from MN recently and while I love the seasons this would be too far the other way for me and I wouldn't want to do it.