View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 11:57 PM
I ask because I Gatineau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanarchit View Post
I'm on my phone, so I haven't had a chance to look at the documents, but are there more graphics regarding the pedestrian and cyclist accommodations? Looking at that image, I wonder if 8 feet is too narrow for bidirectional bike lanes. However, I'm more curious about how will cyclists and pedestrians cross the tracks to get to their side.

What I mean is, if the train runs down the middle, and the O-Train MUP is east of the tracks, how will pedestrians get to their path on the west side?

Also, what about pedestrians and cyclists accessing Lemieux Island and crossing the tracks in Gatineau?
The post from the Director of MOOSE in the Canada Transit thread had a link to their documents. The plan is to have one or more secure crossings of the rail ROW on Lemieux island either by passing under or bridging over the tracks. They also plan to have an observation area on the bridge at the spot of the Ontario/Quebec border, also with a passage under the bridge and the tracks.

On the Gatineau side, the plan is to reroute the MUP to the north of its existing location where it currently crosses the track at grade and use an existing bridge (leftover from the Hull Electric Railway?) that passes over the track ROW, closer to UQO. There would then be "on/off ramps" to the MUP running parallel to the tracks.