View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2011, 5:57 PM

Detailed city project

Another year, another project. Sta Fee is on hold, I've lost a lot of my motivation for it and fancied a change. I've been playing around with a much more detailed city (and obviously much smaller), but I want to really focus on quality rather than quantity and also concentrate on individual buildings and architecture rather than town planning.

So I introduce the beginnings of an un-named city. At present it comprises just a single building and a few street furniture details, but eventually I plan a number of detailed blocks. It has fully textured roads and paving, plus some reasonably decent trees. It will also have vehicles and street furniture. I'm still using textures, although they will be high res as opposed to Sta Fee's that were definitely not high res (one of the major gripes with that city). The buildings will also have more detailed.

The overall effect I'm hoping to get is a more lived in city. I want it to be grimey and unperfect. New York is the main inspiration here and I'm using a lot of my own photos from my visit last year for inspiration.

Anyway thats all to come, there ain't much yet. This is also going to be a much slower project than previous. Don't expect many updates, I even debated starting this thread, but thought it good to share my ideas. Comments as always very welcome.