View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2020, 8:34 AM
perhaps . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post
What does any of what you said have to do with them completely changing plans? Are you insinuating that the engineers behind the original proposal, which I believe was approved by the last government, are incompetent?

There's lots of places in the world that have much more challenging geology than B.C. and still manage to build freeways. When it comes to highway building B.C. along with Manitoba are do-nothing provinces. We all know that there are certain sections of the #1 in B.C. that involve challenging terrain but most of i ct is nothing special. B.C. needs to be held to account, not given more excuses to jeopardize the safety of drivers and our economy.
Nowhere did I address the Chase project, so calm down. I am allowed to discuss whatever aspect of the ongoing discourse I choose. No?

You are mistaken that a) lots of places have more challenging geology than BC: some do, but BC is up near the top. Just consult a general geology map, it is apparent without further detail. And b) "certain sections of the #1 in B.C. involve challenging terrain but most of it is nothing special" - the areas you think are nothing special are actually more special than you know; and more costly.

Regardless, I am as grumpy about our 2nd rate roads as you probably are. I am just tired of the misinformation/judgements made by a number of regular armchair experts who have no expertise. That's it.