View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 23, 2006, 5:12 PM
"CITY OF THUNDER"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtheengineer
I hope the city can begin to move in the right direction....not all development is good development.
That is true, I think some things should be pulled off the table. Yet I would love too see things developed for the good of the city, the new twin pad arena is a plus, especially if it is upgraded to a 5500 seat arena. And I would love to see the downtown re-developed and re-vitalized. The hospital is receiving an upgrade, and the Great Wolf Lodge has recently redone a residential home in the area for resale, to try to clean up the area. They are also considering with land they have purchased, putting in a outdoor winter park with a skating path. What I like about what is happening to the city, has more to do with the fact that businesses are being renovated, and roads and infrastructure are finally being looked after for the residents. This would not happen as quickly or at all, if their was not outside investments going on in Niagara Falls.

Local News - Wednesday, August 23, 2006 @ 02:00

One of the busiest intersections in Niagara Falls, Highway 420 and Montrose Road, is getting $1.8 million in road work to improve traffic flow and safety.

Quote:
"These repairs will improve this intersection and logically complete the work that was done last year and this spring on Montrose Road," said Niagara Falls MPP Kim Craitor.

More than 19,000 vehicles use the intersection every day.

Highway 420 construction work includes adding a right turn lane and improving the Montrose Road intersection, improving the Wanless Street and Watson Street intersections and upgrading lighting and traffic signals.

Craitor said this project is part of the Ontario government's $3.4-billion, five-year Southern Ontario highways program.

He said in 2004 more than 13 million visitors toured the Niagara region and spent almost $1.7 billion.

"This section of Highway 420 is an important route linking the Queen Elizabeth Way to the Lundy's Lane tourist district in Niagara Falls. The $1.8-million construction contract was awarded to Hard Rock Paving Company Limited of Port Colborne. The work is expected to be complete by late 2006.

To minimize disruption to drivers, construction will be done in stages using temporary traffic signals to direct traffic. Two lanes on Montrose Road will be maintained at all times.