View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2014, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfactual View Post
Definitely. See my post above. You want to centralize those planning offices, to increase coordination, sharing, collaboration, and innovation. You want planners talking to the economic development staff talking to talk policy talking to land development staff.
I agree - Hamilton's Planning & Economic Development Department setup seems to me to be a logical manner of putting it together. Get policy/development in together with the economic development group - under one umbrella.

The main issue for HRM is resourcing - there has to be more resources (specially on the policy side) to get the work done. The Regional Centre Plan, all these community visioning plans. I'm curious to know just how many other plans are on the shelf waiting because the RCP is sucking up resources.

One thing our new GM did when he arrived was he asked for someone to research all the notices of motion from council for the last 10 years to see just how many we actually dealt with. Fortunately we have a good tracking system so (going from memory) i think there was only about a dozen missed out of about 100? Something like that? Which is pretty good and one project whipped out half of that...I'd be curious what the stats are for HRM.