View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 5:31 PM

Wow, this amazingly un-inspiring. It just reminds me to much of the Arizona and Collier Center’s. I can’t believe they haven’t taken note of how those two projects have had similar issues yet they seem to be going down a similar path. I hate to say this because we gave him such a hard time but Combusean had some valid points. The city is giving RED an entire city block and the only thing they could come up with was and AJ’s and a book store!? I myself have said that people who choose to live downtown should have access to the same things available in the suburbs but I don’t understand why RED would claim to need that extra block in order to make this project pencil out yet the only thing they place on that block is a grocery store and ancillary retail. I mean they couldn’t have included that in the two blocks they already had?

I’m sorry but all I see is a developer who promised far more than they are willing to give. They only truly seem committed to one to two towers at the most. The second block between 1st and 2nd street seems like an afterthought now. I really am loosing confidence in anything significant happening. I mean consider the scenario. RED develops one block and slaps some paint on the block given to them by city by putting a few retail components. They then leave the third block undeveloped and then they sell it to re-coup some of the 25 million they paid originally. They then turn around and sell the former Patriots square block to yet another land holder and we never see anything more than a stubby 400’ tower not much different than the Collier Center. I feel like someone who just lost a winning lottery ticket. Sorry to sound so negative but I guess my own expectations should have been lower…that’s a sad commentary.

Please, please, please let people with vision create the Jackson entertainment district, please.