View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2014, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
That's actually a really good plan Cory. And may be what happens at say Pembina, where the newly refurbished bridges won't support the additional lane. Two lanes continue on, one lane drops off as the exit ramp, then picks up again as the on ramp at the other end, bringing the roadway up to three lanes again.
I can't really take credit for the plan as it is more an observation of the freeways in the Phoenix area and how much better and more safely traffic moves with proper entry and exit lanes. Effectively the Perimeter currently has one through lane and one merge lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
Personally I don't care much about the third lane, I care about safe, efficient free flow traffic. Very happy to hear the rebuilding of the south perimeter is being done soon...hopefully with all the earth removal required for the new lanes, means the earth will be used on Kenaston, St Annes and St Mary's interchanges since I can imagine that the earth required for a cloverleaf is a decent chunk of the overall cost. Maybe they can finish the 59/100 interchange as well?
I would imagine that any earth work for the Perimeter rebuild is neutral at best and may actually require its own earth brought in. We are going from two raised lanes with a ditch to three raised lanes. They might just dig the ditch down and take some earth from the outside which would be a neutral need. The amount of potential surplus seems like it would hardly make a dent even for a single overpass.

That does remind me though of when the government lowered the upper bank of the floodway at 59 by taking away earth for the original Chieg Peagus Trail build.