View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2011, 8:26 AM
BANNED

^youre quite full of generalizations too. i'm the one getting more specific here. would you like to play along?

so are you suggesting that the ability of a demographic to collectively appreciate the kinds of issues we seem to value here (namely fine dining, architecture, and mass transit/urbanism) are completely divorced from the education and income levels of that demographic?

or are you overgeneralizing in the opposite direction to suggest that SF, Chi, and NY's respective reputations for their dining cultures (far better known than LA's, would you at least agree here?) are complete flukes and owe nothing to SF, Chi, and NY being super-yuppified cities?

and you still haven't answered my previous question- do you think that a random survey of angelenos will yield a populace which is as knowledgeable about haute cuisine, architecture, current events, geography (you know, the things we like to emulate here on ssp) as ones for SF, Chicago, and NY residents?

and to your self-righteously indignant point about yuppie culture being more valuable - answer me this - do you believe that haute cuisine is better appreciated by yuppies or blue collar folk?