View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Yeah fantasy maps are fine.

A good map with all those proposals would be sweet. I've actually been working on a South Jersey network and I'm looking at what it would take to effect it. See here.

BTW if you're interested here's the map.
Just curious but what type of ridership numbers would be needed to make this feasible? I like the military line as in ties in to Moorestown which is one of the major job centers in SJ. I realize that you are using the existing right of ways and that Camden is the center for that but I think it does not really address the commuter problem of where the job centers in the region are sans Camden and Philadelphia. Based off of what I have researched from DVPC.org the main job centers of South Jersey are Cherry Hill (42,890), Camden City (30,575), Mt Laurel (29,395), Pennsauken (21,178), Evesham (19,769), Moorestown (18,214), and Voorhees (17,352).

I guess this leads to my question that yes a lot of people commute to Philadelphia but 179,373 jobs are within the above red box and the majority of those workers do not live in the same town that they work. Do you think rail is able to serve work commuters for this area or are we stuck being attached to cars?