View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 11:18 PM

Well - I am much more familiar with the Attesa project than APEX - and have spoken on numerous occasions with the principals involved - and I have NO information that they are the ones behind the petition drive against APEX - and so far I have seen nothing on any of our local chat groups or anything that shows they are - just rumors.

As for the projects - yes they are similar - and there is some overlap - but to answer one of the questions - the Attesa track WILL be completely F1 compatible - and able to host events. Whether they actually ever will be a part of the circuit I think far too early to tell.

The Apex project is primarily a RESIDENTIAL club - similar to the Airpark thing in Chandler.

Attesa on the other hand - while will have a residential component - is mainly hoped to be a RESEARCH and TRAINING facility for professional race teams - as well as an event/tourist attraction. Their hope is that large warehouse/garages with research companies come in and then test their products on the tracks.

Also remember that Attesa will have TWO F1 tracks, a moto track, and a GoKart circuit as well as a private airstrip etc.

I think there is room for both - especially with LUCID Motors coming to CG - and if the Dreamport Villages theme park comes to fruition - Attesa would only be about 10 minutes down I 8.

Would the Attesa people hope that APEX wasn't going in?? Maybe...but again I haven't ever heard them say they will not proceed if APEX does also.

SOME overlap - but hardly complete overlap - especially given the size.

I know all of these comments are in the article above - but was just reiterating.