View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 2:16 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I believe the standard for micropolitan or metropolitan areas to be rolled into an adjacent metropolitan area to form a CSA pertains to the percentage commuting to any of the adjoining metro's counties, which would mean, yes, it could include Nevada County to Placer County commuters, but, if I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me on that.

Is SutterCounty included in the Sacramento CMA? It should, as it borders Sacramento County.

Also, What about the Marysville-Yuba City area would it ever be included in the Sacramento CMA.

One more thing: Stockton-Modesto has been mentioned about being included in SJ-Oak-SF CMA, why?

Why not put Stockton-Modesto in the Sacramento CMA, afterall the Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto Media Market is the 19th largest in the USA, and Stockton-Modesto has always been part of the Sacramento Media Market, never the SJ-Oak-SF media market.

Side note: Will Sacramento International every change to SAC; instead of SMF. Currently, SAC stands for Sacramento's Executive Airport. SMF stands for Sacramento's International airport. There has been talk of closing the Executive airport; if that were the case then maybe SMF can be changed to SAC. I'll put this question out to the Transportation thread also for those that care.