View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2008, 3:44 AM
Earthling

I love this building. It would be great for Oakland, and i look forward to watching it rise. I agree that it's not so much the hoops Oakland makes developers jump through--quite the contrary, and in this case I think the city will be eager to bend over backwards to help make it happen. I also agree that it's more a case of Oakland having a dearth of such proposals. The recent example of difficulty with a 40+/- story condo was a matter of location. This is in downtown.

It's an iconic building, with minimal shortcomings as far as design. A great new tallest that will only make Oakland more attractive to residents, business development and tourists alike. San Francisco still has the Pyramid(and hopefully a new replacement iconic building in the next few years), Portland has "Big Pink", Calgary has (under cunstruction) The Bow...anyway, that's the kind of building this will be. Additionally, it's a creative design that's interesting, but not too far out that only architecture buffs appreciate it. Do it up, Oak-town!