View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 1:01 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHiseler View Post
[*]Peggy Cameron, to the surprise of nobody, continues to complain about it.[/LIST]
Was there ever much discussion of the aesthetics or function of the parkade? It's hard to know what to make of that rendering and the airy greenish material (plant growth in 2030? maybe this can be exotic Spanish moss if climate changes really kicks in) that surrounds what I guess is supposed to be precast concrete.

In principle there is no reason why it couldn't be a good looking building or contribute something to the area. I wonder what local architects would come up with in a design competition. What if it offered displays, indoor and out, tying in with the museum? What if the pedway were itself a work of art?

In a semi-sensible city I think there would be a long-term plan to slowly expand the stadium at the Wanderer Grounds and structured parking next door for events on evenings and weekends could be a good part of that. But instead it's just a (literal) turf war fueled by the abstract principles of the Friends and some bureaucrats who want to avoid complaints about parking by the new hospital. Propose the ugliest possible low bid structure with a few extra floors on top that can be ritually sacrificed to the Friends and you're good.