View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breidablik View Post
I watched all the amazing projects but I am more interested in the mass of the buildingworks which is done in the suburbs I guess.
I am interrested what the designtoughts are behind the highrise apartmentbuildings which are composed in microrayons in the suburbs. They are so standarised en huge.

And I wonder is the argument that you then can get cheap social housing? Because here in Holland just because of this argument we often tend to build low rise rowhouses as they are cheaper then highrise.

I compared some dutch and russian neighbourhoods and found out that moscow neighbourhoods dont take less space because of the highrise as there is much space in and around the microrayons.
Can some one tell me more about this subject or tell me where its reported?
You see many green zones in Moscow - but it is impossible to built in them. It is parks and forests. Cheep apartments ( now about 4000$US for 1 sq.m) can be only in 17-30 story new buildings. Now Moscow is about 1000 sq.km and more than 10 millions population. We have some townships and villas in Moscow, but it is much more expensive.