View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 11:01 AM

I agree Dale, and I think we will finally start to see some movement in that direction. Salt Lake City and CSA has already been experiencing some of the highest growth in the nation over this past decade. Along with that growth has come historic levels of development. Much of the vertical development has been spread throughout the metro in particular along the mass transit lines, which is a positive movement.
However, now the historic levels of growth have been added to by the recent upheaval of people moving out of the big cities or city's that are seen as too tumultuous. New studies just released are showing Jacksonville and Salt Lake City as the two leading areas where the influx is greatest. The pressure for density on Salt Lake City's central metro is creating a serious need on both single family residential and multi-use vertical.
Like Atlas pointed out, the Theater Tower's height has been moved up. It could become the new tallest. However, as of right now the upcoming Kensington at approximately 450 feet will become the new tallest.
There is a lot of discussion circulating amongst the development community of numerous towers in the works for downtown. No matter how fast Salt Lake City and its CSA is building new residential mid-rises, it just can't seem to keep up with the demand. Hopefully, amongst these new high-rises being created over the next couple of years we will break that proverbial glass ceiling and move into the 500-600 foot category. I think it's only a matter of time. The growth along Salt Lake's CSA is just too dramatic for it not to happen soon.

The Kensington, which is the new tallest proposal at the moment