View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 2, 2020, 10:36 PM

Happy new year, everyone.
Take care of your health and make money if you get any opportunity to do so...
I guess that's the best one can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
I spent the afternoon in this thing today. It won't teach you about anything new if you've got any college-education in economics. It is nonetheless well designed and interesting.
There are digital devices designed as toys in every single room, so even kids are kept entertained in there. They can play being the government, traders, entrepreneurs, shareholders and so on. There is plenty of funny machines to amuse them, that's quite a smart feature to such a venue entirely dedicated to economics education.

They've got an interesting collection of historic coins and banknotes in their treasury section. Some are from ancient Greece (back to the 5th century BC) and Rome. Even from barbaric ancient Gauls and Celtic areas, while they weren't so advanced (you can easily see by their coins, compared to the Greek and Roman ones). I was astonished at this collection.

The large neo-gothic mansion itself is impressive. It was built from 1878 to 82, with some Art Deco extension from the 1920s. Built by a French-Swiss banker from Grenoble. The wealthy guy was fascinated by medieval and Renaissance art, so the mansion interiors are fitted with madly ornamented woodwork from the 16th century, along with all the contemporary screens, machines and gear to enlighten visitors about economics.

It's worth a visit, but you should take at least 4 hours to make it. There is a lot of contents.
Everything is available in English and Spanish, beside French.