View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2009, 12:24 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Pierpont Tower

Pierpont Tower, the tallest building in the city! Roughly 35 floors, completed in 1994, Pierpont tower is a mixed use building that was part of a city redevelopment plan to energize the core of downtown with new nightlife, a better resteraunt scene, and a host of other improvements that made downtown the best part of Pierpont.

The redevelopment plan was dubbed "The Diamond" and included in it was Pierpont Tower, a very large central plaza for "Kicks After Six", a free weekly concert, food, and fun mini-festival held every Wednesday from 5:30-10:00pm; and a large fountain in the middle. Two office towers grace the northeast and northwest corners of the lot, and on the southeast corner sits a lovely park. (for now )

I haven't finished the Diamond yet, but it's under construction. All buildings located in the diamond are, however, complete. I'm also thinking about building a different crown for Pierpont Tower, I feel like something doesn't look right about it. What do y'all think?

One Capital Plaza

One Capital Plaza is the building that houses the regional headquarters for Chase Bank. Completed in 1996, it rises 25 stories. (Note, lot isn't fully complete yet, but the main structure is)

Compiled

To my complete astonishment, my computer was actually holding up long enough for me to compile all the models I've built so far into one city, and I was even able to take a few screenshots before Sketchup crashed on me! Woot! But this won't be the final layout of the city. What you see here was just me throwing it all together without too much thought.

Still, I feel like something is missing, but I don't know what. I still have a convention center planned and at least one tall Art Deco building to build, as well as tons of ideas for future projects, but I think I need to build more bland buildings as a sort of filler for a little while. What do y'all think?

Anthony