View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 5:32 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezrezc View Post
Thank you for the clarification.

I guess a suburbanite like me can't relate to how to make that kind of distinction.
Not In My Backyard is Not In My Back Yard. I'm sure everyone complaining about a proposed development has equal venom for the developers. And each feels his claims as valid as anyone else's. Not everything "old" is worth preserving just for the sake of, something soms of these so called preservationist can't or won't comprehend. If something is worth saving, it needs to be landmarked, a process where the merit of such a designation is proved. Walk the streets of Manhattan. And then walk them again and again, until you can appreciate not only the age, but the sheer volume of old buildings covering the islsnd. It will help you to put things into context the next time you see someone say a particular building needs to be saved. Let them prove to you exaxtly why out of thousands that particular structure needs to stand for the rest of time.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.