View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2015, 1:51 PM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
With a ~100-room concept, this sounds like a slightly reduced-scale version of their 8th and River 150-room hotel proposal (same height, smaller footprint?).

that's possible.

however, i don't think their proposal will fit the needs of the convention center.

per the article:

Quote:
But Pat Rice, executive director of the Boise Centre, noted that while the new hotels will serve business travelers well, they won’t necessarily help the Boise Centre book more conferences.

“(These two new hotels are) not what we need to book larger conferences,” said Rice. He’s looking for a hotel with about 400 rooms to go on what is called Parcel B, a dirt parking lot just west of the JUMP construction site downtown.

if Gardner had the means to build a 400-room hotel, i'd love to see them to it, but not on Parcel B. i don't think the city would want guests walking across front street to reach the convention center, unless they include a pedestrian bridge as part of the proposal.

the surface parking lot north of front between 10th and 11th would be a better location.

i wonder if Gardner is working with Clay Carley to build something on his front and 5th space? that would be even better.