View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 1:43 AM

There seems to be some confusion about which intersection of Wilshire and San Vicente these pictures show. One of the things that has always seemed odd to me is that there are two San Vicente Boulevards in L.A., one from Venice Blvd to Sunset, the other from Wilshire just west of the old Soldiers Home/Vets Administration to the ocean through Brentwood. These are pictures not of the "east" version but of the western one through Brentwood. When I first saw them a few weeks ago I wondered what the fencing was in the old pics--were they some sort of early Beverly Hills gate? Finally it dawned on me that they belonged to the Soldier's Home. Here's a history of Brentwood to confirm it, with the pictures we've seen here plus more: http://brentwoodpark.org/index.php?o...d=46&Itemid=68

LAPL

GoogleSV
I don't think this is necessarily the same view as the vintage shot, but it's of San Vicente north from Wilshire, with
the Vets Admin at right and its modern versions of the old posts.

GoogleSV
This shot up San Vicente looks like it might be the same as the old shot. Below is a closer shot of the modern gateposts.

Huffington Post

Last edited by GaylordWilshire; Jun 5, 2012 at 2:10 AM.