View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2013, 9:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossC View Post
Thanks, Alan. A 6-pack of Coke for 33 cents!

YouTube

While we're talking about YouTube films, back in post #5849, GW posted a link to an hour-long 1995 feature called Things That Aren't Here Anymore with Ralph Story. Sadly, by the time I reached that post, the video has been removed for copyright breach. However, when I watched the extract about Lucas Kiddie Land/Beverly Park that GW posted in post #1811, I found that someone else had uploaded the hour-long version again (see link below).

It covers so many of the places that have come up in this thread, many in moving pictures, interspersed with interviews. Here's my quick list: The CBS/KNX building; The Hollywoodland sign; Red cars; Clifton's Pacific Seas; Cawston's Ostrich Farm; Mount Lowe Railway; The Pike at Long Beach; Gay's Lion Farm; Marineland; Ocean Park Pier; Angel's Flight (still in storage at time of filming); The Honeymoon Elevator; Rifle and Pistol Shooting sign; Drive-in restarants; Shaped buildings; Central Avenue; Helms Bakery; Bullocks Wilshire; Gilmore Stadium; China City; The Spruce Goose; Schwab's; The Garden of Allah; The Cocoanut Grove; The NBC building.

Things That Aren't Here Anymore with Ralph Story (KCET - PBS)
Thanks for the link Hoss. For those who live in the Southern California area, KCET constantly shows this special whenever they have their donation drives. As a matter of fact, I think they showed it last Thursday...
Either way, it is an awesome special and contains some great stories, photos, and footage.