View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2013, 5:20 PM

Good morning all…I’m brand new to posting here although I joined back in early December. I’ve been going page by page through all the posts and love it. I have lived in the LA area all my life and at 71 I’ve seen lots of the places and things discussed on these pages so maybe I can help shed a little light on some.
The main thing that finally brought me out of the shadows was the house on 23rd. which got me wondering the same question, why is it blurred out. Many people don’t know that Bing Maps also has a street view and although not as extensive as Google it still can be a useful tool in comparing features. Also useful is the birds eye views which look from all four directions not just one.
I’m not ready to figure out yet how to post here (any instructions would be welcome) but if you go to Bing and check out the birds eye you can manipulate some of the views around between the most current shots and if you do it right you will see views of that house with the attic and roof burned out (looks like Detroit). Also a view looking down 23rd. from the west it appears that the house may be gone. So I think there was a fire and perhaps the house is no longer there. Why the owners would want it blurred out? Who knows.