View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 15, 2021, 11:39 AM
Fourth and Main

Kaleideum Science Museum:
Are you excited about construction starting? Groundbreaking is scheduled for August 19, at 1 p.m.,. I guess Liberty Park will also break ground at the same time?

Our first rendering view of the design modifications we've previously only seen in elevations:

Credit: Gensler

Link Apartments 4th Street:

We finally have a current photograph, but it shows more of the workers than the building:

Credit: sametcorp

Someone told me about this older photograph, from early-July 2021:

Credit: greaterwinstonsaleminc

Reynolda House Museum of Art Restoration:

Credit: Preservation Forsyth

Credit: Preservation Forsyth

Hanes-Lowrance Building:
It appears as if the Winston-Salem / Forsyth County School System has other plans for this site and will present a list of options next month.

The Easley Apartments:

This image is a week or two old:

Credit: heedesoutheast

This is from Wednesday (8/11):

Credit: trixiemayj

This apartment building is so massive, it appears as if you could fit all of the high-rises in the background on the site of this apartment building! The developer closed streets and merged two or three blocks to build this!

500 West 5th:
It appears as if the 3,800 square-foot restaurant will take part of the loading area from the service entrance? This building never had a restaurant. This will be the first. It will be called Downtown Grille. It's great to add something to bring more people to the sidewalks on weekends and after work hours. The investment in this space is expected to reach well over $1 million. Work on this space was expected to start last year, but was delayed due to COVID-19.

Alternative Transportation:

New Park Space:
Work is starting on the bike and walking trails, so we can now add this to our construction list.

Off-Subject:

Moving to Winston-Salem:
Greater Winston-Salem says their marketing has high engagement scores in San Francisco, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Houston in particular.

Random Photographs:

A new mural in downtown's IQ District:

Credit: piedmonttriadliving

Your City