Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 11:50 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcarsfreedom View Post
Flambasterdas

self-righteous indignation for perceived wrongs

knee-jerk confrontational style

They realy do seem to have a chip on their shoulder

How silly of me to think that there was an anti-Flamborough sentiment in this thread--I really don't know what I was thinking.

Fastcars - please don't insult my intelligence

Are you serious? How did I insult your intelligence? I am railing against people who use their passion as an excuse to make unfounded claims merely to support their own viewpoints. This interchange construction is in no way being built to "service" big box retail--that is a baseless and irresponsible claim.

Lastly, for the final time, BOTH Hwy 6 and Hwy 5 are provincially significant on their current alignments through Clappison's Corner--otherwise one, or both, would've been downloaded to the municipality. While Highway 6 carries the bulk of the traffic through this intersection, Highway 5 also carries non-local traffic through the area--one of the reasons the Peters Corners to Clappison's Corners section was not downloaded in 1998. The entire stretch from 401 to 403 was colloquially known as the "killer highway" back when I was a kid--a name it earned over the years, owing to the numerous fatal accidents--anything that reduces the interaction of traffic travelling in different directions on Highway 6 is a good thing. Fair to say, this isn't merely about 'serving' sprawl--but also saving lives.

I found it insulting to my intelligence for you to suggest that the new highways/interchanges were on the books for years, yet sprawl/big box crap was not.
It's all been on the books for years...it all sucks....it's NOT all being paid for by residents of Flamborough...not even close.