Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 11:05 PM
On Guard For Thee

This entire thread has disgusted and disappointed me. Bitterness and provincial thinking as thick here as it is among the vocal few in Flamborough and other locales that are "anti-Hamilton." The generalizations about "idiots" are rich--it's certainly justifiable to brand thousands of people based upon someone's complaints about watering restrictions. If there are prostitues at Main & Emerald does that mean everyone in the Lower City is prostitute?

There are so many complete and utter inaccuricies in this thread it's almost laughable.

Lastly, though I have no specific knowledge of the funding sources for the project--I can assure you that the Highway 5/6 reconstruction is an MTO project, and not a City one. And though I am "less concerned" about sprawl than others here--the vast majority of Waterdown's "sprawl" has occured post-amalgamation--in fact interim control by-laws limiting the scope of the "power center" development at 5/6 disappeared with the Town of Flamborough--prior to that there were measures in place designed to protect the village businesses in Waterdown.

I'm even disappointed in myself for participating in this thread.