View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2014, 10:41 PM

I'd have to go back and look again, but I distinctly remember the reason LGA blocks takeoffs on the 31 orientation at JFK is the Runway 4 approach. If you think about it, that make perfect sense, as these orientations cross (as they do on the ground with the existing runways. I don't remember anything about any 13/31 activity at LGA affecting 13/31 activity at JFK.

In point of fact, for this to happen, there'd have to be federal funding involved. That would require legislation, if that can passed, it could probably include a piece to invalidate an environmental challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Yes, I read it. I also read various rebuttals to that by environmentalists who are dead set against it.

The reason they can't take off from 31R is because of LGA, especially the expressway visual landing to runway 31 and the takeoff from runway 13 too, not just the approaches to the other runway. The LGA airspace is very close to where the 31's are. So, just eliminating the 4-22 at LGA wouldn't solve that issue I don't think.