Thread: Future skyline
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2015, 5:31 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I think unless the city was design for walking, and cycling as primary, and driving as secondary modes of transport people tend to be less hostile towards Pedestrians. Unfortunately (in my eyes anyway) Hamilton has not been built as being pedestrian friendly. I've seen some cities that where once very hostile toward pedestrians now are actually turning around to becoming more walking, and cycling friendly. I don't think Hamilton could, or would make the same changes these cities are making, and have made. I've seen a lot of development going on in Canada with a lot of European influences within the last 5-10 years. (Europe being for the most part very pedestrian, and cyclist friendly)
There's no stopping the city from "could". The "would" is the relevant question re: current city council (which may just surprise us all... I like how Green and Johnson have been strong voices, and how Bürgermeister Eisenburger has been a calm consistent force... even Terry's Hair seems to have seen the light re: a safer mountain access for cyclists)