View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2020, 10:25 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
Who at Belgravia is making the decision to keep that on their website?
It's not featured on their website anymore, I had to google the Via Como name to get to the project page.

I talked to one of the Belgravia guys once, even they kinda roll their eyes at Via Como nowadays... but I think it was very successful at the time. Not sure why yuppies in the late 90s wanted to live with busy expressways on TWO sides, but who knows... it's a great location otherwise. The Grand Blue Line stop was actually shuttered through the 90s but it reopened around the time that Via Como was built.

This is only a suspicion, but it's possible that the Marchetti family that owned Como Inn had some input on the design. Sometimes projects are structured as a partnership between a skilled developer and a legacy landowner. Or the landowner wants to weigh in on the plans before they agree to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
OK, so I've seen that Via Como and have never known who was behind it! I could never decide if it was a sincere attempt or an ironic statement a la Tigerman or FAT. It's almost so bad it's good.
It's no Piazza D'Italia...