View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 9:56 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
After a bit more detectoring I realized the back end of the parking garage, along with Building I.2, both encroach on the Porter Street alignment. I am fine with I.2 being a temporary structure to protect the party wall which the demolition of the southern half of the existing strip will doubtless reveal, but I would also like some sort of commitment from the developers to reopen Porter through the site in future phases, which the parking garage encroachment actively prevents.

Also of note here, the south side of Building H actually faces the Shunk Street easement, which is clear all the way through the site. It's a bit of an awkwardly placed building, which no good place to put a backside at all!

That said, the loading dock placement on Building F remains an absolute deal-breaker for me: its NE corner directly fronts the loading way between Building G and the parking garage, so it's not like trucks won't be in that area to begin with. There is, and I repeat, there is no reason whatsoever why you should be placing the loading dock, with its attendant blank wall, along Oregon, especially if an end goal is to enliven one of the dreariest streetscapes in the entire city!

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)