View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2015, 9:29 AM

This is my vision of what the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota would look like in 2559, with a lot of inspiration from the Halo universe, here are some images of it.
Lakeport will take place in the same universe once it reaches the 2470s, with news reports of the covenant destroying countless human colonies from 2525 to 2553.

Comparison of:
21st Century Minneapolis, MN.
26th Century New Minneapolis, MN.

2015 city population: 400,070 (48th largest in the USA)
2559 city population: 5,789,642 (5th largest in the USA)

2015 Metropolitan population: 3,348,859 (16th largest Metro area in the USA. Seattle is ranked 15th.)
2559 Metropolitan population: 34,737,852 (8th largest in the USA)

21st Century Minneapolis established 1856, destroyed by EMP in 2338 causing mass electrical failure shutting down the Auto-drive Network, disabling transportation, and frying communications, causing riots, looting, massive fires that burned for weeks, destroying every building in the city. No one came to the rescue because, firefighters, police, and communications were offline. The city fell into chaos, Minneapolis and St Paul were evacuated.

Minneapolis was rebuilt years later in 2373, The citizens were allowed back after the charred remains of hundreds of buildings were demolished and new buildings were constructed, new power plants were built, more digital infrastructure was installed.
the only remnants of the original city were the road network and just 6 skyscrapers remained in downtown. Should i build New Minneapolis as my second city, and start from just before the city was wrecked?

IDS center - 792ft
Capella tower - 776ft
Wells Fargo center - 774ft
Campbell Mithun Tower - 579ft
US Bank plaza - 561ft
US Bancorp Center - 467ft.

I will eventually make a thread specifically for New Minneapolis, please tell me if i should start from when the city was founded in reality, or from when it was rebuilt.
The buildings in New Minneapolis are going to only use textures.

All the images show a crime scene in a parking lot, with people driving about.

The images only have one building in all of the images, the Traxus Tower. I was very busy building everything from scratch, including the traffic.
Excluding the police car, and yellow coupe in the first image those were made by Bungie, but they were heavily edited by me.

Tell me what you think of the cars too. Please tell me if i should make futuristic models of real life automotive companies, or fictional automotive companies. (fictional vehicles would be easier though.)

Update for Lakeport in next post.

Last edited by Codster121; Jun 8, 2015 at 2:49 PM.