Thread: Flamborough
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2008, 5:03 AM
On Guard For Thee

RTH--no need to respond--the interchange isn't going in to service those retailers--that was the statement that was made by another poster--all other arguments aside--in fact the retail would be more easily accessed if it remained a regular, signalized intersection. There certainly have been instances in the past where infrastructure improvements were made solely for the purpose of easing access to retail (the area surrounding Lime Ridge--the ramp/overpass leading to Mapleview)...but this isn't one of them.

As for markbarbera--that is exactly what I'm suggesting. My own feelings aside, the consensus here is that Flamborough should pay it's magic "fair share" including paying for services it doesn't receive. Therefore, I'm suggesting, assuming that to be the case, there is no argument from anyone in the "old" City, or any of the other former municipalities, if the "new" City invests in infrastructure in Flamborough, or anywhere else. Regardless, I believe the funding formula is 50/50 with the MTO...am I correct? If so, I'm technically paying for it too, even though it's no where near my current residence.