View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 9:41 AM
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
I can agree with the gist of that, but I don't agree with the overriding idea of "to hell with everything." Architects need to be thoughtful regardless of what they are building and where they are building it. I don't much mind a glass tower in an old brick-and-stone neighborhood, but there are many things to consider when you do this that aren't often considered in many places. It's not just about style, something highly subjective, but about massing, placement, scale...
I didn't mean they should build whatever they want wherever they want, agree 100% with what you said though. The only thing that pisses me off though is people who say revivalist buildings shouldn't be built at all, simply because it's not what is done in todays day and age. Of course these buildings should be appropriate for the location just like any other.
What I meant was an architect shouldn't be restricted by what's in fashion and should choose / mix whatever style he wants as long as the materials aren't cheap and it's appropriate