View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 4:42 AM
JoeCooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevbar1 View Post
I agree that this building isnt exactly the best look for midtowns tallest building, but I wouldn't call it ugly. Uninspired? Yes. A bit blocky? Yeah. But it isnt eve close to some of the worst Manhattan is seeing right now, and if built (in its current state) it would, at its worst, bolster the skyline with a big rectangle. The cantilevered bit that looks 'like its been hit with a machete' is not really that hard to look at and breaks up an otherwise boring facade. Is it close to perfect? No, but alot of people seem to really hate this and it just seems unwarrented to me.
Well said, in fact this building is starting to 'kinda' grow on me a little. The very same things I'm sure were also said about the original WTC Towers when they were proposed. Something tells me the final outcome of this thing will be better than what we are seeing now. Many were also even a little skeptical of One Vanderbilt and 432 Park when they were proposed, but they sure seemed to turn out as welcomed additions that feel like have always been around and have their place.