Thread: Stimulus money
View Single Post
Old Posted May 11, 2020, 1:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvellecosse View Post
^ Ok, but how long will it really take for the thousands of unemployed people to clean up their local areas? Most of Canada is already fairly clean in a global context so I can't see it taking more than a few days.

I do think it's a great idea for people to be encouraged to do volunteering for activities that can be done while socially distancing though.
Then so be it? Wouldn't it be great if downtown Vancouver was clean without trash?

We can always stop the program if we can't thinkup any more jobs.

I can already think up some makework. For instance personal planning in BC. Make people submit plans for how they will use this time to better themselves. Or what they will spend some time learning to improve themselves.

I just don't like the idea of giving people money. Gets them into bad habits. Look at all those rich kids who never work, they tend to have awful attitudes. Even if its make work, we should have our population do something.

Hell maybe have an informercial session on TV everyday that people have to watch. 1 hour courses on Canadian law, or paying taxes.