View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2019, 3:07 PM

[QUOTE=dmuzika;8708544]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post

I've always wondered if an interchange is a bit of an over-build for Hwy 1A/22 in Cochrane. It's currently two 2-lane highways that intersect, neither of which are going to be freeways in the future. There's no doubt that the intersection needs to be upgraded, but other than the bridge over the railway, it strikes me as being similar to the John Laurie Blvd/Shaganappi Tr intersection in Calgary. Traffic signals with a minimum of 2-3 through lanes plus possible dual turn lanes, coupled with Hwy 1A being upgraded to a 4 lane arterial through Cochrane, could probably solve a lot of problems. Granted the railway overpass would need to be either twinned or replaced.
I don't disagree. I'm not sure we really know what the future road network is going to look like around there is going to look like, spending all this money now on an interchange configured in a specific way may cause it to be rebuilt again in the future. I doubt it will happen, but I'd be happy to see the 1A upgraded to be a viable secondary route to the mountains.