View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2015, 10:33 PM
DTLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
And welcome to the thread Broadway_Central_Bldg.! I really enjoyed the photographs you posted.

I'd like to see a photograph of the Judson Loft entryway that you mentioned still has elements of the old theater lobby.
We're always curious here on NLA.

*I see that t2 just posted an interesting photograph of the lobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovangar2 View Post
It looks like the building entrance lobby has always been on the left. The Broadway theater was, as I understand it, completely contained in the what-was-built-as retail space at the right, where Alvarado Clothing is now. The theater is gone without trace.
Yep, that's it! I suspect you are right, tovangar2. But it's these doors in our lobby that interest me:

They are sealed up now. I have no idea, but it seems possible they may have once opened to the Broadway's lobby. Or maybe they're just decoration added by developers later. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks to tovangar2 for the additional photos of the Broadway!

I'm happy to take more photos of the building or the surrounding area; really I don't mind shooting any easily accessible sites in the downtown/historic core area. Not sure if there are any other DLTA residents on this thread, but it does seem like there's a lot of interest in downtown buildings, and sometimes Street View can only get you so far... plus, things are changing around here so quickly!