View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2012, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRyerson View Post
I always have a hard time with new perspectives. If this is Commercial then we've never seen this part of it close up nor from this angle and never with this high res. All that said, I can't find any point of reference that I recognise. If this is Commercial then the high ground is beyond the river and the density of nice, well laid out houses seems unlike what I think of when I conjure Commercial Street this far off of Alameda. Here's an image of what I believe to be Aliso, not Alameda, (from earlier in the thread) which (as you well know) runs parallel to Commercial. If this is Aliso, this would be somewhat closer in-town but not by too much. Always hard to tell, but seems to me the houses and properties in this shot are more ramshackle and I can't really believe they'd be less so the farther you get from town and one block south on Commercial.

I vote for Ducommon on this one. I definitely don't think that's Aliso in 1924. L.A. streets don't get narrower over time, they only get wider!