View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 5:38 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
I've been to L.A. and it's bad, but it's not New York bad. When they were rebuilding the Kosciusko bridge, there was no worse car hell than the LIE/BQE interchange area.
The horror, the horror.

Yeah some fun times on the interchange. The BQE in general is horrible. Imagine the traffic that will result when they rebuild sections of it, in phases! More fun! Its going to be perpetual traffic for 20+ years.

LIC is another interesting case study or anywhere underneath an elevated train track. Damn columns make it hell. The whole city in general a nightmare driving wise. Just a cluster f at all times, and the funny thing, is that its only getting worse!

And when you see those signs that say "gridlock alert day, use mass transit", they bloody mean it!

At my old job, I'd leave from Con-Edison in Astoria (was a client of mine) at 2:30 pm and get back to Elizabeth NJ at 4:45/5pm some days. Just a shit show. And yes, I've at times have used the HOV lane to save myself an hour. Risky? Yeah, but f it, if they didn't see me, never happened.