View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 3, 2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
Ewwww.... OMG!! That is atrocious.

I was never a fan of this building even with the old spire. To me it looks like they were planning on building a megatall structure and they got up to like the 80the floor and then said "oops, we ran out of money"... "just stop construction and put a spire on top." Now that last line can be changed to "put a cheap, silly-looking spire on top." They really dropped the ball on this building. I say that because it could have made a huge statement to the rest of the World. Instead the only saving grace for this building, to me, is it's height.

I actually prefer Tower 2 much more and wish it was the center piece of the WTC complex. (although much taller than it's slated for). Also,Tower 3's design doesn't even fit in with the other 2 buildings and would have benefited if it were a stand alone building closer to Central Park. Tower 4 is.... ummmm... let's just say it looks like it was a toss in for the renderings and then they realized "Damn, they actually want a 4th building... let's just go with it."

Not trying to be a buzz kill, but I love the NY skyline and I think NYC and the WTC deserve better.