View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 12:27 PM
Steven Courchene

Smile BLT or northend all the way

the traffic isn't bad at all coming from the BLT area that little bit of traffic that looks like a lot goes by quick and its from the prospect road that road is always backed up and once it clears out then you hit traffic I use to travel everyday from Barrington street to bayers lake as well and see what you seen then I had to go though is and its not bad at all and most days its not like that. its generally caused by some hold up somewhere on the highway or as I was saying prospect being stopped and backed up then its just the clearing out or that street because its mostly one lane both ways. coming from the BTL area you can either take the bay road or hop on the 103.

but I would say if you considering northend that's the best out of any place with in all of nova scotia.

northend = home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Working quite a bit in Bayers Lake for the last dozen years I don't know how people who live in BLT put up with that commute to/from downtown every day. I would be going against their traffic each day in both directions and every day I would see backups at ridiculous levels and think "how can those people put up with that?". It is that bad.

Your choice of home base should in large part depend upon where your workplace is located. If you were to get a job at an engineering firm whose offices are in Burnside you would be a fool to live anywhere but on the Dartmouth side (or stretching a bit, Bedford, but even at that you would have to contend with the worst highway in the city, Magazine Hill, at rush hour). Find a job and then come back for recommendations.