View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
Depends what you mean by amenities; I find there's more in the North End in terms of shops and access to services, but stuff like Lake Banook etc is great on the Dartmouth side. Good for kids.

I don't know about that. I live in a decent two-bedroom in the North End for 1,100. Apartments in the 1,500 range are a big step up and much larger. (Like I said, I've seen Hydrostone houses for 1,500, though that doesn't include all utilities.)

Uhhhh...
We looked at several places, new buildings, and the basic rent was circa 1,500+ and then there was parking, and utilities. Nothing close to where we are now, even looked at Kings Wharf. Greenvale would be fine but a little expensive. Cheaper to stay in our home until age and health changes the equation.
My last comment was aimed at those who move into this area but choose to avoid the nearby school because it has children from public housing and lower income homes. French Immersion in Dartmouth entails a bus ride and is often used as a child care option by two income parents to avoid the cost of child care at lunch and the kids are out the door at 7 or 7:30 and not back until 2:30 at the earliest. Our kids walked the 200 yards to a P-9 school and we believe that an early introduction to the real world is an important part of understanding the lives of other people. We all live in a very diverse world and the sooner children are aware of it the better, and by diversity I mean social and economic as well as racial and religious.