View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
Thanks for the info everyone. As of now, I'm not considering Dartmouth. I have a friend in the North end so I am somewhat drawn to there. I've only been to Halifax twice, I think I need to take another trip there and have a drive around to see what areas I like and should focus on.

Next question, how is the current job market for engineers? I have 8 years experience in the civil/environmental field. I'm checking the usual sites but only started looking in the last week. Obviously this whole move depends on whether or not I can find a job.
Downtown Dartmouth is cheaper and with more amenities than the Northend of Halifax and properties sell quickly. If you are fussy about your child going to school with poor kids, black kids and kids from single parent homes you can send junior off to French Immersion on a bus or pay more money for a home near the 'nice schools'.
Apartments for a family for $1500 a month are a fantasy. We are retired and cannot find a 2BR for that price in our area; if we could we would sell and move. I have Dartmouth Common 100 yards away and less than 10 minute walk to the ferry. A 7 minute walk and I can watch Olympians, one is a neighbour, racing on Lake Banook.
What we have is not available on peninsula Halifax.